Q-Centrix is a leading healthcare services and data solutions provider with offices in Chicago, Portsmouth, NH, and San Diego, plus more than 1000 clinical team members working throughout the country. Our team is focused on helping hospital clinicians improve the quality of patient care and meaningful insights.
The Accounting Specialist will be a key member of the accounting and finance team and actively participate in the monthly billing, accounts payable and close process. In addition, the Accounting Specialist will assist with customer billing inquiries, operating performance review analysis and financial analysis regarding strategic initiatives.
- Serve as key member of the accounting team and conduct monthly control process including establishing accruals, preparing journal entries and completing account reconciliations
- Work closely with the financial planning and analysis team to analyze monthly results
- Complete monthly client billings and review accounts receivable for collections efforts
- Conduct accounts payable function including reviewing vendor invoices, preparing payments and determining proper accounting
- Collaborate with sales operations team to prepare commission payments and accounting
- Review monthly capitalized software development costs
- Execute on cash and debt management activities, including cash forecasting, accounts receivable and debt compliance reporting
- Participate in the annual financial planning process
- Research accounting policies and procedures as applicable
- Assist with the development and application of internal financial control processes
- Work with external auditors on the annual financial audit and 401k audit
- Attention to detail
- Technically savvy
- Accountable to timelines and deliverables
- Collaborates well with others
- Listens and communicates well
- Knows how to initiate action
- Hands on, action oriented worker
Education and Work Experience
- Accounting professional with 3 – 5 years overall experience
- Undergraduate degree in accounting
- CPA designation
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Technology and/or healthcare services company experience in a high growth environment preferred
- Experience working in a public or private equity owned company reporting environment
- Knowledge of Sage/Intacct accounting system a plus
Who are we?
At Q-Centrix, we hire people who love learning, value innovation and believe in our mission and values to improve outcomes in healthcare. We applaud qualified applicants who are accountable and committed to producing quality work. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we support and value diversity, dignity and respect in our work environment, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment in which everyone can thrive.
We employ people based on the needs of the business and the job, and their individual professional qualifications. Here’s what does not impact our employment decisions: race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status, health, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, or any status or characteristic protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. If you are an individual with a qualified disability and you need an accommodation during the interview process, please reach out to your recruiter.
We celebrate and embrace these differences, and take pride in our commitment to being an equal opportunity team.