As the healthcare industry shifts to value-based care, quality data abstraction has become critical in identifying positive, patient outcomes. In fact, medical record abstraction is the preferred data collection method for clinical research, quality improvement, performance measurement, disease surveillance, and other secondary data uses. Our Certified Tumor Registrars (CTR) use Q-Centrix proprietary technology to contribute to healthcare’s most exciting advancements.
The CTR delivers quality solutions to hospital partners across the country. They approach each hospital engagement as an opportunity to apply their clinical expertise with precision to advance patient outcomes and research. Join our team of CTRs!
Our CTRs are staffed with multiple hospital partners to:
- Apply specialized, clinical knowledge to hospital partners: categorize, code, summarize, interpret and calculate registry/case information from nuanced, patient medical records.
- Ensure quality submission of all data in specified registries or measure data repositories, maintaining a high accuracy threshold.
- Prioritize, organize, and meet tight deadlines for multiple concurrent tasks and team requests; uses tact and judgement to manage expectations, flag obstacles and propose solutions in a timely manner.
- Navigate new technical systems: electronic medical records (EMR) and registry/case entry tools; use team resources to troubleshoot technical issues with systems and applications with a focus on solutions.
- Contribute to team best practices, data dictionaries, abstraction guidelines, and other business rule documents; identifies process improvement opportunities to help streamline tasks and processes.
- Keeps up to date on mandated regulatory/publicly reported data requirements as specified by federal, state, payer and other agencies.
- Any or other additional responsibilities as assigned
- Current CTR License in good standing
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Ability to evaluate concordance with cancer program accreditation and other applicable standards.
- Direct clinical data abstraction experience
- Exposure to multiple patient medical record systems (EMRs) and clinical databases
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office (Microsoft Excel)
- Direct clinical experience
- Experience working at a CoC Accredited facility
Skills & Abilities
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to approach problems in a systematic method using the ability to synthesize data and suggest recommendations
- Demonstrates high standards for accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrates technical savvy and strong desire to learn new systems and technology
- Thrives working independently and takes ownership of projects/patient records
- Consistently and clearly communicates, adjusting style and tone as needed to effectively collaborate with hospital partners, peers, team leads and others
- Demonstrates strong self-organizational and time management skills to concurrently manage multiple accounts, adjusting as needed to shifting timelines and priorities
- Adapts to changes in hospital partner timelines, requirements, and project assignments
- Maintains a high degree of responsibility in keeping PHI secure and confidential