Are you interested in the growing industry of healthcare analytics? Join our team in sunny San Diego!
We are searching for a Junior Software Engineer to join our 17-person San Diego engineering team. This role is an excellent opportunity to grow and solidify your web application development skill set. Our tight-knit team combines a Scrum process with a strong testing culture, continuous integration and a (potentially unhealthy) obsession with puppies and kittens (see below re: pet-friendly office!). You’ll have a leg up if you’re passionate about health-care and geek out on delivering an amazing and useful application.
As a Junior Software Engineer, you will:
- Actively participate in our Scrum process paired with collaborating with our product team to develop high-caliber software
- Perform standard software development functions (testing, code review, etc.)
Our benefits include:
- Competitive compensation, insurance, and a 401k with company match
- Flexible work hours and days, including work-from-home opportunities
- Community-oriented, distraction-free office in San Diego focused on innovative product development
- Time dedicated to exploring new languages/frameworks and contributing to open source projects
- A pet-friendly office (please bring your dog)
- 19 PTO days per year
You’re our dream candidate if you meet the following qualifications:
- 1-2 years of web application development experience
- Experience working with a web development framework (Rails, Django, Symfony, etc.)
- Experience writing software tests during the development process
- Understand of the fundamentals of developing software, particularly object-oriented design
- Familiar with software development best practices (e.g., version control, ticketing systems)
- Excellent communicator and have superb written and spoken communication skills (in English)
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent experience/degree
- Development bootcamp graduates welcomed to apply!
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
- Proficient in a CLI/POSIX environment
Q-Centrix aims to measurably improve the quality and safety of patient care in the U.S. through the use of its market-leading technology platform, Q-Apps, that augments the clinical intelligence and efficiency of the industry’s largest and broadest team of nurse-educated, Quality Information Specialists. Processing in excess of 2 million quality data transactions annually, Q Centrix is a comprehensive quality partner to hundreds of hospitals, providing quality data management solutions, including quality data capture, surveillance, measure calculations, analysis, reporting, and improvement solutions. For more information about Q Centrix, visit www.q centrix.com.