Who are we?Q-Centrix is a leading healthcare information solutions provider with offices in Portsmouth, NH, Chicago, and San Diego, plus more than 900 clinical experts working remotely in 49 states. Our team of smart, ambitious, and fun-loving healthcare professionals are 100% focused on improving the quality of patient care at hospitals throughout the country.
About the JobQ-Centrix is looking for a Junior Data Scientist to join us at our San Diego office. We are a data driven and automation focused organization that loves to gain new insights from the massive amount of structured and unstructured data that is collected on a daily basis.
As a Data Scientist, you will:
- Work on various projects ranging from statistical analysis, data pipelines, machine learning, and advanced signal processing to software engineering
- Write complete softwares to implement domain agnostic generalized mathematical models that could be deployed on any data
- Work closely with leaders across the organization to look for workflow automation opportunities and execute them
- Build advanced software solutions that will help prepare the data for analytics projects
- Leverage your experience working with supervised machine learning methods such as ensemble tree classifiers, support vector machines, neural networks, and Bayesian methods to create state-of-the-art predictive models
- Communicate your successful efforts through documentation and white papers
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Qualification Requirements:
- M.S. in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering and 1+ years of prior experience working as a data scientist, machine learning engineer, or data engineer is required
- 1+ year of hands-on experience in software engineering, deep learning, and signal processing is highly desired
- Positively contribute to our work environment values of professionalism, mutual respect, teamwork, and collaboration.
Key Competencies:· Professionalism and customer service orientation· Ability to manage multiple projects· Planning, organization and excellent time management· Attention to detail and unrelenting passion for delivery· Flexibility, adaptability, and teamworkYou’re our dream candidate if you:
- Love solving business problems with mathematics and programming
- Have a proven track record for writing world class software solutions with Python, Ruby, Java, or Go
- Are passionate about automation and consider yourself an advanced python software developer
- Built and operationalized signal processing solutions
- Are intimately familiar with the latest techniques in predictive data modeling including deep learning
- Love data science competitions and are an active participant in kaggle competitions
- Love writing detailed documentation of your completed research, and lastly,
- You love dogs and cats!