Ready for your best summer yet?!
If you’re passionate about Machine Learning and interested in the growing industry of healthcare analytics, come join our engineering team in sunny San Diego! As a data-driven organization, we’re further developing our data science discipline to gain new insights from the massive amount of structured and unstructured data we collect on a daily basis. During this internship, you will assist our engineers tasked with incorporating predictive analytics and machine learning into our proprietary technology. A successful internship will conclude with a presentation to the larger organization to showcase your accomplishments in the areas of data preprocessing, feature engineering, and predictive modeling!
Plus, we’re a dog-friendly office that loves playing shuffleboard or cornhole between meetings and hosting social events including game nights and park days.
As a Predictive Machine Learning intern, you will:
- Work closely with the Senior Data Scientist to build predictive models using structured and unstructured data
- Create data preprocessing tools using Python
- Perform extensive feature analysis to create highly effective new features
- Leverage your experience working with supervised machine learning methods such as ensemble tree classifiers, support vector machines, neural networks, and Bayesian methods to create state of the art predictive models for categorical variables
- Write extensive documentation and showcase your progress on a bi-weekly basis via a detailed technical presentation
You’re our dream candidate if you love:
- Learning about and are intimately familiar with the latest techniques in predictive data modeling
- Data science competitions and have made several submissions
- Programming in Python
- Writing detailed documentation of your completed research, and lastly,
- Dogs – our office contains a few furry colleagues!
Q-Centrix aims to measurably improve the quality and safety of patient care in the U.S. through the use of its market-leading technology platform, Q-Apps, that augments the clinical intelligence and efficiency of the industry’s largest and broadest team of nurse-educated, Quality Information Specialists. Processing in excess of 2 million quality data transactions annually, Q‑Centrix is a comprehensive quality partner to hundreds of hospitals, providing quality data management solutions, including quality data capture, surveillance, measure calculations, analysis, reporting, and improvement solutions. For more information about Q‑Centrix, visit www.q‑centrix.com.
Q-Centrix LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.