Are you an experienced web application developer who’s interested in the growing industry of healthcare analytics? Join our team in sunny San Diego!
We are searching for a Software Engineer to join our 17-person San Diego engineering team. Our tight-knit team combines a Scrum process with a strong testing culture, continuous integration and a (potentially unhealthy) obsession with puppies and kittens. You’ll have a leg up if you’re passionate about healthcare and geek out on delivering an amazing and useful application. Plus, we’re a dog-friendly office that loves playing shuffleboard or cornhole between meetings, and hosting social events including game nights and park days.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Actively participate in our Scrum process paired with collaborating with our product team to develop high-caliber software
- Perform standard software development functions (testing, code review, etc.)
- Mentoring less experienced software engineers
Our benefits include:
- Competitive compensation, insurance, and a 401k with company match
- Flexible work hours and days, including work-from-home opportunities
- Community-oriented, distraction-free office in San Diego focused on innovative product development
- Time dedicated to exploring new languages/frameworks and contributing to open source projects
- A pet-friendly office (please bring your doggo)
- 19 PTO days per year
You’re our dream candidate if you have the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of web application development experience
- Experience working with a web development framework (Rails, Django, Symfony, etc.)
- Strong software testing skills – you know what to test, when and how during the development process
- Deep understanding of the principles of software architecture, particular object-oriented design
- Confident using best-practices such as version control, ticketing systems, etc.
- Excellent communicator with superb written and spoken communication skills in English.
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent experience/degree
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
- Proficient in a CLI/POSIX environment
Q-Centrix aims to measurably improve the quality and safety of patient care in the U.S. through the use of its market-leading technology platform, Q-Apps, that augments the clinical intelligence and efficiency of the industry’s largest and broadest team of nurse-educated, Quality Information Specialists. Processing in excess of 2 million quality data transactions annually, Q-Centrix is a comprehensive quality partner to hundreds of hospitals, providing quality data management solutions, including quality data capture, surveillance, measure calculations, analysis, reporting, and improvement solutions. For more information about Q-Centrix, visit www.q centrix.com.
Q-Centrix LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.