This position of Senior Manager, Sales Operations & Deal support, will bring together the key commercial functions in support of our business. These functions include Reporting & Business Analytics & Insights, Deal support, Sales training, variable compensation planning & pipeline management. This position is going to be working onsite in our downtown Chicago office.
As the Sr. Manager of Sales Operations, you will be an involved and important leader within the Q-Centrix sales operations team and will play a pivotal role in driving the deal desk function that will support the business development organization.
You will develop and manage processes across pricing, deal review, contracts, and deal structuring. Your team will oversee enabling the success of the sales department. This role will require thought leadership and the ability to work cross-functionally with the business. You will be the liaison between our sales teams and our external customer requirements. Organizationally, this is a highly visible role that will report to the Vice President of Operations. The ideal candidate will be able to help design, implement and manage processes, influence deal structuring, pricing, contract management, work effectively with sales, and most importantly build a successful deal desk function. As a self-motivated problem solver, vast experience in building teams and implementing business processes is required.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with senior leaders and direct reports to set; guide; and monitor Commercial Effectiveness strategy and tactics
- Accountable for implementing strategic systems that support the evolution of building reporting tools and identifying metrics
- Manage daily quote approval process, non-standard deal requirements, and deal review cycle
- Display senior level influence to gain organizational support for any necessary process and/or pricing changes
- Collaborate with key commercial leaders in the development of product; price and customer strategy (to enable Data Governance)
- Assist in establishing annual product and financial targets; plans to achieve these targets; and metrics to evaluate performance
- Ensure support for effective operations of the sales forces through training; pricing & contracting; CRM; call planning; incentive compensation; and industry-standard technology
- Support the annual business planning; monthly integrated business planning and all governance processes for product; price and customer hierarchy
- Ensure high levels of individual and organizational performance via performance-based metrics in all commercial operations
- Establish productive relationships and collaborate closely with global Commercial Excellence Directors and Area Leadership
- Work effectively with internal cross-functional partners and external commercial partners
Bachelor’s degree – MBA preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE / TRAINING REQUIRED:
- 5+ years impactful and progressive experience in sales, marketing, sales operations, marketing operations, market research, analytics, forecasting, sales training, and commercial project management in the healthcare industry.
- Strong sales operations and deal desk experience
- Strong hands-on Salesforce experience
- Demonstrated collaboration and cross-functional leadership ability
- Superior contract negotiation skills and ability to develop such skills in others.
- Track record of translating corporate business goals into strategic initiatives which achieve strong financial results
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills, internally and with external commercial partners
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Strong governance and business process improvement capability